3D Printing is one of the most cutting-edge technologies in today’s world. As we all know that technology is shaping the world and there is a great revolution in almost every industry. The concept of 3D printing is not new. It dates back to the 1980s when it was first developed. However, due to limited resources and lack of technological advancements, the technology could not become as popular as it we expected it to be in the early days of its invention.
In 21st century, the concept of 3D printing improved with the help of newer technologies. The technology has greatly benefited the fields of manufacturing and construction. It ensures cost-effectiveness and sustainability in these fields. 3D printers function pretty much the same as ordinary printers. The only difference is that, instead of printing on paper, these machines have robotic arms that we can program to build anything having a three-dimensional shape. This ultramodern technology helps you build faster and more accurately, resulting in reduced production costs and material wastage. These factors also make it integral in terms of eco-friendly and sustainable building solutions.
3D PRINTING IN CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
Before taking a closer look at the benefits of using 3D printing technology in construction, let’s talk about two of the most promising examples for 3D construction projects in the world. Dubai Municipality Office Building, UAE and Office of The Future in Dubai, UAE are two of the most promising examples. Dubai Municipality Office Building is the world’s first-largest individual 3D printed building. It works through Apis Cor, a highly renowned 3D printing robot firm. On the other hand, the Office of the Future is the world’s first fully functional corporate space, using this technology that Emirate’s Future Foundation owns and maintains
- 3D printing solutions has the potential to totally cut construction waste. A 3D printer uses only the materials that are required for the construction of the structure – nothing more or less.
- The use of 3D printers in construction projects is also in line with the eco-friendly construction practices
- Unlike human labour, a 3D printer is capable of working round-the-clock, seven days a week. This means with the help of 3D printing technology, construction project takes less time.
- One of the most extraordinary benefits of using 3D printers in construction projects is their ability to easily work on highly complex and unusual designs. They can work on complex architectural designs with almost zero chances of errors.
- Countries like China are manufacturing houses from this technology and distributing them nationwide to cope up with the increasing housing problems. 3D printing solutions have taken the concept of prefabricated homes to a whole new level.